Function graph plotter help
This is a simple online utility for plotting functions.
I have intentionally kept the interface very simple to avoid confusion. However if you find yourself irritated by the lack of a certain feature, please contact me and I'll see what I can do.
The fours fields marked X min, Xmax etc are for inputing the range.
The textarea box below is for inputting functions. You can put in as many as you like here but if you put in too many, it'll be a bit slow! You should separate each function with a semi-colon ';' and (optionally) line feed(s), which makes the functions easier to read.
The two checkboxes are features that I find useful.
- Degrees: check this box if you want to plot trigonometric functions in degrees. The application uses Radians by default (because they are more useful!)
- x-axis marked in multiples of PI: check this box if you want the x-axis divisions to be set in multiples of PI rather than unit or decimal divisions.
- Powers: powers can be input using the ^ (shift6 on most keyboards), so x squared is x^2 and 2.713^(x-2) would give 2.713 raised to the power of x-2
- Sine: sinx, sin3x (no bracket required unless you require something like sin(x-2))
- Cosine: cosx (see above)
- Tangent: tanx
- Cosecant: cosecx
- Secant: secx
- Cotangent: cotx
- Arc Sine: arcsinx
- Arc Cosine: arccosx
- Arc Tangent: arctanx
- Arc Cosecant: arccosecx
- Arc Secant: arcsecx
- Arc Cotangent: arccotx
- Hyperbolic Sine: sinhx
- Hyperbolic Cosine: coshx
- Hyperbolic Tangent: tanhx
- Hyperbolic Cosecant: cosechx
- Hyperbolic Secant: sechx
- Hyperbolic Cotangent: cothx
- Hyperbolic Arc Sine: asinhx
- Hyperbolic Arc Cosine: acoshx
- Hyperbolic Arc Tangent: atanhx
- Hyperbolic Arc Cosecant: acosechx
- Hyperbolic Arc Secant: asechx
- Hyperbolic Arc Cotangent: acothx
- Natural logarithm: lnx
- Logarithm base 10: logx
- e^x (inverse of lnx): expx
- The blancmange function: blancx This is bit of fun really. This is a fractal function which is continuous everywhere but differentiable nowhere. (If that is gibberish to you, study hard; it's fun when you get there!)